Buffalo Target Shooters AssociationPO Box 394
300, 8120 Beddington Blvd NW
Calgary Alberta T3K 2A8
Please review COVID mitigation procedures HERE
The Black Badge is a two day in-depth training course in the safe competitive shooting techniques required not only to compete at IPSC events but to deliver the confidence and expertise to use handguns in the safest possible manner.
It is a mandatory course required to shoot IPSC matches in Canada. IPSC is a dynamic shooting sport where the principles of Accuracy, Speed, and Power are balanced in a unique scoring system. It requires competitors to shoot fast and accurately, often shooting on the move and developing techniques and styles to shave off fractions of a second between shots, during reloads and drawing from the holster.
Duration (must attend both days):
Saturday: BTSA Range, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Open book exam. Meet at the Club House for an "in-class" session.
Sunday: BTSA Range, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Meet at Club House
What to bring:
Lunch, Snacks and Water on Saturday and Sunday.
- 9mm or larger caliber handgun (usually 9mm Para, .357 Sig, 38 Super, .40 S&W, 45 ACP, etcetera)
- 4 to 6 magazines to fit the caliber and model of handgun
- Belt to accommodate the holster and spare magazine pouches
- Holster that is worn on the belt, no drop leg holsters allowed (Serpa style holsters are prohibited)
- Spare magazine pouches, preferably open topped (no snaps) to carry the spare magazines
- 600 rounds ammunition (minimum) to get through both days of shooting
- Eye and ear protection
- Good boots or track shoes for uneven terrain and/or wet conditions
- Hat to keep off sun and block spent brass from hitting you in the eye
- Water or other non-alcoholic beverages to last the day
- Lunch as we take lunch at the range so we can continue with the course
- Sun screen
- Bug repellent
- Chair (to sit down between exercises, optional)
- Brass bag to pick up brass (optional, but picking brass is mandatory per range rules)
Need at least 8 students to run the course.
Fees for this course are collected by the instructor. Cost of the course is $250. Deposit of $100 is required to hold the spot. IPSC AB Membership to be handled by the student.
For further details and information, please contact Konstantin at firstname.lastname@example.org .