To : Event Leads and Training Course Instructors
From: BTSA Safety Committee
Re: Club Event Requirements for Event Leads & Training Instructors
For Event Leads and Training Instructors that use BTSA for Steel Challenge (SC), Action Shooting League (ASL), USPSA, IDPA, Black Badge Instructors, other private training courses held at BTSA.
1. BTSA Club Events posted on Practiscore are required to include:
2. Any courses located at BTSA are required to include:
- Include First Aiders check box for participant to check off
- BTSA COVID -19 Protocol and waiver link: https://btsa.ca/page-18181
- Incident Action Plan link: https://www.btsa.ca/page-18180 (right mouse click to print)
3. COVID-19 Forms are to be placed into a plastic bin with a slot on top prior to the start of set up of the club event. It is recommended to have one person is in charge of this with Lysol wipes or spray and hand sanitizer present:
- BTSA COVID -19 Protocol and waiver link for participants: https://btsa.ca/page-18181
- Pre-Event Safety Briefing Checklist link for Event Leads/Instructors: https://btsa.ca/page-1818
4. A Covid waiver and liability form bin will be provided by the Safety Committee with slot on top for club events. Store completed copies in envelope per event date after reviewing and keep for at least 30 days in case contract tracing is necessary. A bins are supplied to SC, ASL, USPSA and IDPA.
- The Event Lead/Instructor, along with all participants will be required to fill out and place their COVID-19 waiver in the bin
- If someone does forget, they can use the copies provided by the Event Lead/Instructor
- Event Lead or designate will be required to review COVID -19 waiver forms prior to them entering the bay; however, ultimately the Event Leads responsibility.
- Once the COVID-19 waivers are reviewed the Event Lead/Instructor should keep them and ensure they are altogether as if there was an outbreak, the responsibility would be for the Event Lead to notify each participant for that specific event
5. Extra copies can be provided by the league’s Event Lead. However, the expectation is that participants print and bring their own
Note: Any private training courses that are not directly a part of BTSA (i.e. Black Badge, other private training courses) will have to supply their own bin and print any extra copies of the Covid waiver and liability form.
6. There will be a laminated copies of the Pre-Event Safety Briefing Checklist provided by the Safety Committee for each squad box and extra laminated copies will be in the garage cabinets by the first aid equipmen 7. There will be eight air horns for club events provided by the Safety Committee. These will be labelled with the league event and it is encouraged to keep the top and canister separated as the air will likely slowly leak out if connected for a long duration of time:
8. The STARS Landing Zone Kit will be in the garage cabinet in a big orange bag with the following items for use by all persons on the range:
- 2 for ASL
- 2 for SC
- 4 for USPSA & IPDA to share
- STARS Landing Zone Manual
- Quick Reference Sheet for Landing zone & hand signals
- High visibility vest (XXL)
- 2 wands
- 4 cones
Return to top of page